#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

i'm not saying it's true. i'm saying there is a rational claim worthy of
consideration. obviously, there is a rebuttal.

>the weaker claim that cp is diluting its left credentials by providing a
forum for the libertarian (that's what i'll call it) right seems worthy of
consideration

I do not agree with this. Right-libertarians are obviously not "leftist,"
but how are they any more of a dilution than, say, various liberal voices?
I doubt anyone is willing to suggest that *The Nation* or *The Guardian* are
diluting left credentials by running pieces from liberal authors that do
not engage in class analysis and the like. In fact, when you consider the
variety of voices that exist and float around on the left, Ron Paulists are
particularly *good*, if not anti-capitalist. They are the ones who opposed
the Iraq invasion, the PATRIOT Act, the anti-Muslim mob at Ground Zero,
etc. Compared to the "Progressive Except Palestine" crowd I'd rather hear
from them.