>Actually, you can just "make up" IP addresses if you want to, but the
>size of the Internet guarantees that eventually, at some point, you will
>run across another IP address in the same subnet range, and you won't be
>able to talk to them, because your local routers will think it is a
>local IP, not a remote IP, and won't route the packets correctly.

How likely is it that the range we used to use became used on the internet
in the few weeks it took to build a new server?

I just tried a reverse lookup and could find no domain or machine
registered to our old set of ips.  I wonder where the change was?
--
Daniel Barron - Senior Technical Assistant    PC and Network Support Dept
Beebug, 117 Hatfield Road, St Albans, AL1 4JS  Tel:01727 840303/fax860263