Dear all,

I've been mulling over the question of when it's a good thing to enable
or oblige people to log in to do things on museum websites - and why
it's not seen in that many places. It led me to write a set of posts
about what stops registration/login working for users and organisations,
about the sort of things that it could be good for, a radical
(preposterous?) way to make it better, and some speculation on how to
build more value on top for all parties. If you've got the stomach, the
pontification starts here: http://bit.ly/mupport0.

I was hoping to recruit your assistance in a quick survey to support
these posts. If you work on a museum site, I'd love it if you could take
a few minutes to let me know whether your site has any
registration-dependent functionality, and what it is. There are other
questions but that's the heart of it so it won't take long! It's here:
http://bit.ly/aGDcn7

That's it. Thanks!

Jeremy

[apologies for cross-posting]

Jeremy Ottevanger
Web Developer, Museum Systems Team
Museum of London
46 Eagle Wharf Road
London. N1 7ED
Tel: 020 7410 2207
Fax: 020 7600 1058
Email: jottevanger at museumoflondon.org.uk
www.museumoflondon.org.uk

Spectacular new ?20 million Galleries of Modern London opening at Museum of
London on 28 May 2010.

Find out more at www.museumoflondon.org.uk

Before printing, please think about the environment