Our museum maintains a web-browser accessible internal database where we
keep a complete set of records, images, videos, and audio recordings
from our collections. The internal database is Mimsy XG from Willoughby
Associates. We are beginning to investigate migrating all or a portion
of our web-ready files to an interface available to the public. We are
looking for web publishing software that would work with our existing
database. Especially important to us is an interface that will be
configurable, easy to use for regular users, and cost little money to
develop.

We have been considering using one of the following products; Mobius for
Mimsy XG (http://www.willo.com/mimsy_xg/mobius.asp
<http://www.willo.com/mimsy_xg/mobius.asp> ) or Open Collection
(http://opencollection.org/index.php
<http://opencollection.org/index.php> ) to make our collection available
to the public.

In light of these issues I have several questions.

1. Would anyone who has experience publishing their internal collections
database online be willing to share advice about this switch?

2. Can you suggest other software that we should look into for this
project?

3. Has anyone used Mobius or Open Collection who would you be
able/willing to talk with me about their experiences?

4. Can you describe any specific costs or issues that we should consider
when making this change?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sincerely,

Allison Farber