[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Ralph Smeets wrote:
>
> > I think unless some briliant company builds a MP3 recorder (ie, a fast computer
> > that is able to compress a CD in realtime) for 'charging' the MP3 player, MP3
> > will be the format for computer-geeks and not the mainstream costumer!
>
> Ralph, not every one uses an MD recorder to copy CDs.  Several of us use
> them to record live performances,  practice material, etc.  The ability
> to record in real time is crucial.  So is the ability to edit what you
> recorded, set track marks, have instant access, repeat all or parts of
> a   recorded section.
>
> Saying that only thinkg a MD is good for is to copy CDs and a new device
> that will copy CDs will make MD obsolete, is pretty short sighted.
>
> PS, I don't mean to make this sound like I am picking on you.

Sorry...

I was talking from my own experience.

However, I must say that I use a lot of the editing capabilites after I recorded
from tape.

Cheers,
Ralph -> who already has the vision of computer-geeks sneaking in their laptop
on a concert with their microphones.......

Ralph Smeets        Functional Verification Centre Of Competence -  CMG
Voice:  (+33) (0)4 76 58 44 46                       STMicroelectronics
Fax:    (+33) (0)4 76 58 40 11                       5, chem de la Dhuy
Mobile: (+33) (0)6 82 66 62 70                             38240 MEYLAN
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                      FRANCE