I have been using cooling fans on my AMP due to Heat as well. I purchased
two 12 volt fans from an electronics suplus store. The fans are noisy
when mounted flush with the top of the grill on top of the amp. I used
q-tip heads to raise the fans about 5 mm in order to reduce the noise.
The fans turn on when the Stereo comes on. They are powered by my
equalizer's 120output. I used a 120 to 12 v DC transformer to bring the
voltage down. I am surprised that most amps do not have fans. I guess the
manufacturers are more interested in cutting costs. The fans definately
help. I had thermal problems in Texas because the amp was on the sunny
side of my house. The fans resolved the thermal problem by moving the
heat away.
Linus Peter Sweers
Toslink Receivers and Transmitters at
http://members.xoom.com/sweers/toslink/index.html