Marc SPARC <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>I'd recommend the Sony MZ-R50, has a 40sec antishock, good battery life.
>
>I had the MZ-R50 until it was stolen and was very pleased with it,
>recently I purchased the MZ-R55 which is nice, small and funky,
>but has a poor battery life.

Don't forget that the 55 also lost the best thing about the 50 -- the jog
dial! :-) Seriously, though, I don't know how people can title tracks
without a jog dial.

>>i regret buying yamaha equipment
>> over the good ole sony label..
>>

>what kind of yamaha equipment are you talking about? yamaha is a good
>brand too.

Agreed. ES line aside, I find Sony's home audio equipment (not portable)
to be near the bottom of the consumer brands (Yamaha, Onkyo, Pioneer,
H-K, etc.). Yamaha is near the top.