Gary Sargent replied to my using a fan near my amp:
> I think that electrical items such as fans can make the
> mains electricity quite noisy and may result in a
> greater amount of noise coming through your speakers -
> especially if the fan is very close to your amp.

I agree that some additional electrical noise will doubtless be introduced,
but given I run the fan at the low setting only whan the volume is higher
than
normal [say 1W / channel], and at the high setting when cranked up beyond
about 15W / channel, it will be lost under the levels sent to the speakers.

The noise I was talking about was audible noise caused by the fan moving
the air, not interference.  Switching between Off <-> Hi <-> Lo settings on
the fan cause a noticeable spike in the mains supply but running at any one
setting is fine.  At even low-moderate volume levels, the sound generated
by the fan on Lo-speed is totally masked except between tracks.

Cheers,
PrinceGaz -- "Eddie Irvine wins my prize of 10 Kudos for his performance on
Sunday, I wonder what will happen if both him and Mika pull way ahead of
Michael before he recovers?  Could Schumy become Ferrari no. 2?"