Stainless Steel Rat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Ya know, I never much liked the jog wheel on my MZR-30.  For me it is less
>stressful on my fingers to use the button arrangement that is on my 702.

Really? As I've mentioned before, I have the MZR-50 and my girlfriend has
the 702. For non-digital recording (line-level, mic, etc.) the 702 is
much better because of the adjustable recording level, so I've been using
hers to put a bunch of my old cassette tapes onto MD. But when it comes
to titling, I always switch the disc to my MZR-50 because of the jog
dial. I guess it's because I'm impatient, and the jog dial allows me to
fly between letters, etc. After using it for a while, I can spin the dial
pretty much to any letter :-) It takes much less time for me to title on
the Sony.

That's why I'd never buy the MZR-55. At least the new Sharp (722?) has a
rotating dial around the face that is jog-dial-like.