A few years ago I bought a DCC deck from  J&R's Music World (boo, hiss,
yadda yadda) at their closeout price of $100, and managed to record a few
DCC's before I decided I would be hard pressed to find tapes for the thing
and decided to send it back...  but now I decided I'd like to have a DCC
deck as somewhat of a novelty item in my audio system.  My question was,
how many components can you stack on top of one another, in terms of
practicality? I've got the mixer on top, then the tuner underneath, one
high-end tape deck, one low-end tape deck, the MD recording deck, then the
CD changer. No shelves yet.  I'm not trying to build a Tower of Babel here
:-)

Okay, okay, I admit it... I did play with legos and card decks to see how
high I could go  ;-)

I've not a clue as to where the thing would plug in though...  As they once
said, all roads lead to Rome, and all cables must be somehow connected to
the tuner/receiver to output correctly...  Am I correct in this thinking?

-sb <-> thinking in 5 or 10 years we won't -have- to worry about where and
how these big clunky boxes are placed...