Hi,

I have a Sony MZ-R35 portable MD player which is out of warranty and it now
refuses to record. Every time I try to make a recording, I can monitor the
sound through the headphones, and it looks as though it is recording fine,
but when I come to play it back it can't find the track and eventually
returns a blank disk report. I've tried different disks and using a cleaning
disk (well, I was desperate) but to no avail.

There is no problem in playing disks I recorded before this fault developed.

Has anyone else had this fault?

Any ideas about what's going wrong?

Could it simply be a tracking problem which I could adjust myself with the
test mode?

Can anyone recommend a good repair service?

Cheers,

Paul Aylin