Sounds like a DJ's dream come true ;-)

I believe I understand how the pitch control works (at least in theory),
but how does the machine have separate controls for pitch and tempo?  If
you change one you change the other....

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
cc:    (bcc: Steven Brooks/HOME_OFF/AGLIFE)
Subject:  MD: RE  :Duplicating tracks and large buffers

Check out the  Sony MDS-DRE1 at the 'MiniDisc Community Page.'

Features: "Backtrack" recording feature allows unit to play an MD track
and record a new  (separate) track simultaneously. If the machine's
output is run through a mixer, new material can be mixed with existing
material and recorded. From the Sony announcement: "The BackTracking
feature effectively makes the unit two machines in one. In conjunction
with the MDS-DRE1's digital I/Os, BackTracking allows the DJ to record
and synchronise tracks on the fly from any source, while a song is being
played. ...

[snip]