> Yeah, well in DJing, tempo is commonly referred to as pitch.  You pitch up
> or down to match the BPM for the next song.
>
> Scott Wilson

Hi Scott,

As another DJ, I agree with your observation, but the fact of the matter is
that the other poster is correct:  pitch and tempo are completely different.
DJs who equate the two incorrectly do so because, in the past (i.e. vinyl),
pitch and tempo were tied together.  When you changed the speed of a record,
the pitch *always* changed too.  Thus we began to (incorrectly) say we were
"pitching" a record up or down.  Now that we have CD decks like the Pioneer
CDJ 500, we're able to speed up (tempo) a song *without* changing the key
(pitch).

Paul Kowtiuk---->using his arrow for the first time in public