> One thing that intrigued me on my Sharp 722, was that theres no lineout,
> just the headphone out.

Sharp has been doing that for as long as I know.  They have some circuit that
regulates the current.  It detects whether you are using headphones or line and
adjusts for it.

My Sharp MS200 has that.  As well as my Aiwa F70.

Personally I don't care for that set up.  A true line out has no equalization.  I
think with the one jack setup, the line out still goes through the headphone amp (guys
correct me if I am wrong).  Headphone amps can often degrade the quality of the sound.

LAS