Hi.  You are mistaken.  Many questions about individual units are answered at
the
'Mini Disc Equipment Browser'
<http://www.hip.atr.co.jp/~eaw/minidisc/browser_frame.html>

Though not always 100 percent accurate.  For the most part, the information
found there is accurate.  Also, the links found there are great.  A lot of hard
work has gone into the up keep of that page.

I really appreciate who ever it is that has taken on this task.

LAS