In a message dated 8/2/99 6:57:16 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> I  thought Emerson always made cheap bottom of the line equipment, sort
>  of like Munce TVs.  They made good stuff at one time?  Most have been a
>  long time ago.

Yeah, back in the 30s and 40s maybe.  But I think at one time they were
considered to be pretty high-end.  I think they're one of those cases where
the original company just sort of dwindled away and eventually there was
nothing left but the brand name, being sold from one company to another.

Clay Voris
[EMAIL PROTECTED]