I could really use some audiophilic feedback.

I'm looking for a *good* sounding portable. I had the Sony 40 that came with
the MD bundle and I was unimpressed. Even on my Grado SR80 Headphones (which
the unit couldn't quite drive loud enough) the mids and highs sounded harsh
and flat. Nothing like the better CD portables I've auditioned.

Is there an MD portable that sounds good? I don't need every bell and
whistle...just good sound and a good battery life (the other negative of the
Sony portable I had). I know someone is going to suggest that I get a
headphone amp for the Grados, and they're probably right. But if I could at
least get a decent sounding MD unit with half-way-decent output level, it
could get me through.

Please leave some suggestions and personal testimonies (my first time on the
list-serve). Also, if the Sharp 702 is what I'm after, let me know!

-dave :)