From: MD IT [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 1999 3:25 PM
Subject: Re: MD: SCMS and digital radio receivers

On Wed, 4 Aug 1999 13:47:08 +1000 "Simon Mackay"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

/|\/|\ 1) A DSS receiver with SP-DIF output tuned to a Music Choice or
similar service /|\/|\

  A lot of people I know have checked on this and they have all reported
that, regardless of service (MusicChoice on DirecTV, Muzak on DiSH or
Galaxie on that Canadian DBS), the receivers won't pass optical audio out
on the music only channels. However, all the other (poorer sounding)
channels all do allow audio output.

~Zach
o/~ she's sick of all the formula bands, for something not quite so bland
o/~
o/~ no more New Kids on the Block, she loves to hear the discobigrock o/~
o/~ her favourite band is Sonic Youth, well at least she tells the truth
o/~
o/~ the girls at school they love Take That, and Mark Owen is the name of
the cat, name of the cat o/~