J. Coon wrote:

>Since this was a new blank MD, how did the TOC get updated wehn I lost
>power while the MD was being made?  I thought the TOC only got updated
>when the MD was ejected.

The deck is able to retain it's memory of the TOC for several weeks without
power.  When power is restored, the first thing the deck does is write the
TOC out to disc, if an update is pending.  A similar situation occurs when
performing timer recording using an external timer, and the instructions say
that the deck must be connected back to power within one month, or the
contents of the recording may be lost.  What will actually be lost is the
TOC information in RAM, and a simple TOC cloning operation would restore the
playability of the recording.

-cb