I've had my R50 since December, and since then have used it pretty heavily
(about 3-4 hours a day). I don't keep my discs in cases, but haven't really
had any problems with my unit until recently.

When recording, it will insert bits of crackly noise into the recording.
This is happening with new discs, and I even had a Sony ES disc fail after
about a day of use a week or so ago.

Should I try a lense cleaner disc? Does anyone have any other suggestions
of what I could do for it?

Also, the headphone jack, in the last two days has become very sensitive,
and I almost have to hold the plug into position on the jack to get both
audio channels. Anyone have any ideas about this?

Thanks.

Ollee.