ollee wrote:
> When recording, it will insert bits of crackly noise into the recording.
> This is happening with new discs, and I even had a Sony ES disc fail after
> about a day of use a week or so ago.
snip./
> Should I try a lense cleaner disc?

No don't use a lens cleaner except as a last resort.

Send it in for repair,  it should still be under warranty.

> Also, the headphone jack, in the last two days has become very sensitive,
> and I almost have to hold the plug into position on the jack to get both
> audio channels. Anyone have any ideas about this?

That one you might try cleaning the plug and making sure it is polished
nice and shiny,  (Could be that peanut butter and jelly sandwich) but if
you are taking it back for repair, let them repair that too.

--
Jim Coon
Not just another pretty mandolin picker

My first web page