At 10:03 PM 8/20/99 -0400, Stainless Steel Rat wrote:

>On the other hand, pressing/holding buttons on my 702 is a no-painer.
>
>RSI most certainly is an issue when wheel/dial vs. buttons is a factor in
>one's decision over which unit to buy.

Let's see... a short spin of a little wheel... or a repetitive pushing of a
button...

The 702 is a chore to title with.  A jog dial is a superiour method of
selecting most items than a button is.  Buttons should only have to be used
if the list is very short.  I don't think a list of ~80 characters
constitutes "short".  The jog dial is quicker and less stressful to the
hand than many button pushes are.

Sure, if people title a lot they may get RSI, but they're few and far
between.  If you do *anything* enough (like say, push buttons perhaps) you
*could* get an RSI.

As I've said before, if your R30's jog dial gives you pain, it's probably
broken and not able to spin properly.

-- Jough