On Mon, 23 Aug 1999, Ian McFarlane wrote:

> Not neccesairly - there were rumors going around of something like 1:20
> compression, or maybe even higher.  Heck, ATRAC was released a long time
> ago...imagine what they could do today.

Well from what I understand there's been various versions of Atrac over
the years, I assume the newer one better soundqual/more compression maybe?
I had hear 5:1 compression on ATRAC as compared to 12:1 for mp3 (usually).

--
Mark Derricutt - Software Developer - http://www.chalice.gen.nz
Getting jiggy with <no audio cd present>