PrinceGaz wrote:

>If you have access to a workshop with a sander and are careful you may be
>able to sand down the standard 5 1/4" blanks down to a consistent 8cm dia.

You might have been joking Gaz, but I have actually made a ninja star shaped
CD using tin snips that still played perfectly!  Only trouble was getting it
in balance again - required a bit of trimming.  I ensured that three spots
on the CD were still the full radius so that it would locate in the tray of
my CD player.  It was a demo disc of some classical music collection that
came in the mail and it only went for about 10 minutes.

-cb