In a message dated 8/24/1999 8:27:39 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> The problem is actually with tray-loading home units
>  that don't have the indent in the tray.

Somewhere around here I still have the adapter I got to fit the smaller CDs
into older (at the time, current) players that didn't have the special
indentation.  It was like the reverse of the little yellow and red plastic
things you got to play a 45rpm single on a turntable without needing to put
an adapter on it.  The CD fit into the center of this big plastic ring.

I pretty sure Sony even made a special small Discman that played the small CD
singles; I think it may have even played full-size CDs with the disc hanging
out of a slot around 3 sides of the unit.

Clay Voris
[EMAIL PROTECTED]