Bob Denton wrote:

> [...snip] At the same time I asked the pilot if
> he had any problems with me using a GPS and he said "Absolutely no problem
> at all". Later when I was queried by a stew about the GPS her first question
> was did it have a cd  or laser in it.

You want to hear something silly?
When I was on a Southwest Air flight once, I remember hearing
the announcement that CD players were not to be used at any
time, and all electronic devices were not to be used during
takeoff or landing. But nobody blinked when I plugged my
headphones into my laptop and listened to music while typing
email at cruising altitude!!!

Never thought about it till now...

--
Merlin Zener                       mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Piano and Synthesizer                 http://www.merlinzener.com

"No-one ever went blind from looking on the bright side of life"