Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 06:00:11 +1200 (New Zealand Standard Time)
From: Mark Derricutt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: MD: V2 Boycott and V2's deception. (SoyBomb)

On Tue, 7 Sep 1999, SpongeBob SquarePants wrote:

> The first statement of V2's policy was in the MD newsgroup. This one came
> from [EMAIL PROTECTED] This can be found through a dejanews.com search.
> Note this is the only time this address has ever been used (Do a power
> search at deja news for the author) Why would V2 go to the extreme to set
up
> a non V2 related account to post their policy? If V2 honestly had such a

>>The answer to this question is possibly quite simple, alot of companies
>>don't have access to usenet, but they -do- have web access, so the only
>>way to gain access to usenet is via such places at Dejanews.  This is the
>>same as at my company, only I ssh to a remote linux box and read usenet
>>from a shell account.

That could be the case but v2 music has personally written me from the
following accounts.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

And one other one that I removed out of courtesy because the person
convinced me that they just answered the phone and had no power at V2.
I will forward the e-mail to the list if anyone wants proof but I think the
fact that I acknowledged both the problem with my server not being able to
write to V2 and the fact that I was mistaken on the idea that V2 could not
write directly to the group without joining, both mistakes on my part shows
my honesty, still I would be glad to forward any of the posts. V2 has direct
internet mail accounts, in fact many of them.

Soybomb.

Check the page for details, on addresses and V2's massive deception.
http://v2musiccds.com/