You don't give the whole picture.  What  you are discribing tells me
that you have the record level set too high and the sound is clipping
when it gets too loud.  If you have a Sony, change the mike sensitivity
to low instead of high, and press END SEARCH.  If you have a Sharp or
other brand, reduce the record level and be sure to watch to see if you
are hitting the peaks too often.  When you over drive the input and the
VU meter show it is over the limit, it will sound bad.

rbetcher wrote:

> Hi,
>
>         If anyone has experience with recording live show with Core's cheap
> binaural's I am looking for some help.  I recorded a live show in a
> club(somewhat loud), and the sound that I got was terrible.  It was
> extremely muffled, enormous bass boom, and poor treble.   Things sounded
> pretty good between songs(clapping, talking, ect), but as soon as the music
> started it went to hell.  Do I just need a battery box?   Does anybody know
> of plans to make one yourself??
>
> Ron

Jim Coon
Not just another pretty mandolin picker