Hi my name is John.  I'm new to the list, but have been an MD supporter
since the beginning -- I bought my first unit in Japan many years ago.

Two points:

1) For anyone interested in writing / reviews of MDs, I just found a site
called epinions.com -- they link to a bunch of reviews on MiniDiscussion,
and they also let users write their own reviews.  Of course there's nothing
that compares to MiniDiscussion, but it looks like epinions.com is a way to
tell the general public about MDs.  Also, you earn money each time your
review is read, so that's pretty cool.  I've written a few reviews myself.

2) I've got a Sharp 821 and the battery keeps draining even when I don't
have the unit on.  I had it fixed, but then two of my friends told me that
they had similar problems.  Any word on these units regularly shorting out?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
John.