On 27 Sep 99, at 8:11, J. Coon wrote:

> > I and many other listen to music. We enjoye the music made by other persons,
> > or sometimes the music that we played ourselve. And whether the music
> > is played on some low-end device or on a high-end device that doesn't
> > really mather. Well... it does mather, but we aren't listening to the
> > device. We listen to music, something created by an artist!
> >

> Well put, Ralph.

I'd add that the technology is important insofar as it improves the quality of the art
(this is a
recurrent discussion on at least two dance-related forums, by the way).  You play
better on a
good mandolin than you do on a bad mandolin, I assume, but you also play better on a
bad
mandolin than a lesser artist might play on a good one.

Likewise, I'd rather listen to good music on a Minidisk than on a cassette, but I'd
rather listen to
good music on a cassette than listen to bad music on a minidisk.