Barry Stern wrote:

> I'm wondering what the best way to get a recorded minidisc transferred to a
> regular old cassette would be.

Link the Line Out on the Minidisc to the Line In on the cassette deck is
probably your best bet. I do this regularly because my Dad hasn;t joined the
20th century yet and still has a cassette deck in the car (he has justr bought
a Minidisc for the HiFi though, so he's getting there, hehehe).

The cable you need will depend on whether you are linking a portable or HiFi MD
to a portable Cassete deck, HiFi system, or Minisystem. Let me know what it is
and I can tell you exactly what to look for - I'll even EMail you some pictires
of the cables so you know what to look for. :o)

> I can't seem to locate anything that would
> let me do this digitally (I'm SURE I'm wrong about that). Will I be stuck
> with a mono recording??

Unless you are talking about linking to a Digital Cassette system (I doubt you
are) you're going to be looking for a long time! I think you are getting
confused between stereo and digital - just because you don't copy digitally
doesn't mean it has to be mono, so no, you wont be stuck with a Mono recording.

--
Magic

Location : Portsmouth, England, UK
Homepage : http://www.mattnet.freeserve.co.uk