Richard Anderson wrote:

> Magic wrote:
>
> >The pack of 5 discs were purchased last month.....
>
> >We tested some other Memorex discs in the
> >shop and almost all of them had BLER 40 to 60.
>
> Which shop?  I didn't know memorex were available in the UK.

"Now Thats Hi-Fi"
Commercial Road
Portsmouth

They've just stopped stocking Memorex though because we dicided they were
complete sh*t.

> What do they look like ( i.e who makes them? )

Try www.memorex.com for come pictures (took a guess at that URL but it seems
obvious enough). I have no idea who makes Memorex discs. Judging from the
quality I would take a guess that they are probably discs that didn't pass
quality control in some other factory!

> Memtek do not make their own CDR's, so I would assume they OEM their MD's
> from someone like Xeus?

Very probably. Hi-Space are another OEM company, I *think* they're actually
Sony discs, but I have yet to confirm it. Needless to say if you phone and
ask them they don't tell you.

--
Magic

Location : Portsmouth, England, UK