I own a set of Sennheiser HD455's and they're the sweetest thing I've ever
heard. I bought them before buying a not-cheap-but-still-cheap component
system, and I chose my speakers by finding the pair that sounded most like
the Sennheisers because they sound so good. (I came away with JBL 510's)

I find that they work fine on a basic sony walkman, they put out enough
volume to do the mowing with, which, I must admit, looks pretty funny .. but
they sound damn good to me. I'm only comparing them to listening to the
speakers of all my friend's stereo's, midi-size systems and full component
decks, and also to the standard sony earbuds, so to me, they're brilliant.
They haven't been compared to anything of more quality than JBL510's, and I
prefer the headphones to the speakers, although they're pretty close...

Comfort wise, they have very nice on-ear pads and an easily adjustable
headstrap - although they're definately more of a sit and listen set of
phones than anything else - they're prone to falling off your head if you do
anything too quickly (altho that might just be my head :)

Apart from that, they're great headphones.. they cost me A$150, but I think
they retail for A$200 and something. An apologetic sales rep told me that he
didn't have a box for them, so would I mind if he knocked $50 off the price?
Since when is a box worth $50? :)

They're high enough up the range to come with a lifetime warranty, and
although I haven't exactly thrown them about, they've had a few knocks and
haven't a scratch to show for it.

One feature I really like is the replaceable cord - it detatches from the
headphone unit itself so if damaged, it can be replaced.

Oh.. and more importantly - they look cool - black with red foam inlays, and
black earpadding :)