>From: "Ze'ev Maor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Re: MD: Newbie question recording from Minidisc to CDR

[snip]

>C. What you need is a digital output from the Z90 (you'll have to check that
>for yourself), if such an output exists it's probabely optical.

According to the latest Sony catalog the Z90 has the same 3 inputs/outputs
as the M55, i.e. analogue or optical line-in (same socket), microphone,
analogue line-out.

Shame really, it seems none of the portables have digital out.

To get from Minidisc to CDR you'll need to use a home deck with digital
outs, either coax or optical, whichever your pc soundcard can handle. I
bought a MDS-J520 earlier this year for what seemed like a ridiculously low
price of 127UKP. It has optical in and out as well as coax digital in.
There are some real bargains out there.

I use it to clone CD's from my CD player, or mp3s from my soundcard both
which only have digital coax out.

John