hi,
        i bought a je-530 from crutchfield to replace a 510.  it was 250.00, with
no tax, out of state. i wanted extended service coverage, to which they
said paperwork would be sent with the unit. it was, but it is 2 year
extended coverage thru sony, for 80 bucks. that seemed a little steep, for
just 2 extra years. i thought crutchfield would offer a plan, but they
dont. i have 30 days to decide if i want to send it back. i think i will
use that time to find a better deal. a friend told me best buy had a 520
and portable player bundle for 250.00, but i am in NY ( long island) and we
have no best buys. best buy online had lousy deals and selection. can
anyone advise me where to purchase a unit, with a good price and service
plan. should i get a plan, or are the 530 's so much better that i dont
need one? the loading mech. on the 530 is a hell of a lot smoother than my
510, thats for sure. im my area we have circuit city, the WIZ( which i
think they suck), service merchandisc( which only had a 330) and pc
richards, which only sells bundles( screw them). i think a 520 would be
fine for me, but i'm not sure. I have martin danek's winremote unit, which
i love, but it doesnt seem to work well with the 530. another reason to use
the 520??
        thanks to all.

Mike Hooker