I read somewhere that there is a bug on a Sony MD deck (don't know
which one). You could try this:
Set your JE510 in recording pause mode, and let the source play.
Keep switching the sterio/mono switch, untill the "cannot copy" messa-
ge goes away, and then press play on the JE510.

I don't know if this works, because i own a JE520, and it didn't work
on it.

Bye, Joost (don't mind my bad English, because i life in the Netherlands).