I just bought this unit (831) from SAWADA DENKI in Japan, mail order to
Australia.  I would just like to say that it is excellent, and for anyone
considering a portable recorder, this one should be a definite
consideration.  FYI: despite the fact that the exchange rate a the moment is
the worst i've ever seen, I was still ahead of the cheapest Aussie guy I
could find by AU$60 (on the unit alone), until customs found it, (despite it
being labelled as "gift") and I was only ahead by AU$5.

Christopher Spalding
Genius, generally excellent and gifted person.

P.S. The sound is phenomenal.