[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> G'day
> Some jokers have finally come up with a decent mp3 player, if you could call
> mp3 decent.. it holds 4.86gigs - 81 hours of music - This not-so-little
> beauty looks like its going to have a big impact on the mp3 scene, which may
> ripple over into the MD market, and spark another round of fat ladies
> singing on MD articles...

Hmm.. 4.86gigs of space.... Ie, 4860/650 = 8 CDs.... So why compres?

> At the least, its a fair competitor to MD, *sort of* making up for sound
> quality and limited storage space. Size-wise, its pretty crap, its the size
> of a mini laptop..

9.9lbs.... What's that in kg? 4.5kg? That's not very portable....

> At worst, this could partly kill a developing MD market, if publicity goes
> the wrong way..

At $810 and at 4.4 kg? No way.

Cheers,
Ralph

Ralph Smeets        Functional Verification Centre Of Competence -  CMG
Voice:  (+33) (0)4 76 58 44 46                       STMicroelectronics
Fax:    (+33) (0)4 76 58 40 11                       5, chem de la Dhuy
Mobile: (+33) (0)6 82 66 62 70                             38240 MEYLAN
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                      FRANCE