From: Ralph Smeets <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, November 05, 1999 9:29 AM
Subject: Re: MD: In compression, the encoder rules

> Well,
>
> I don't know MP3, but one thing is sure:
>
> When you encode you loose information and no decoder will be able to
'retrieve'
> this information!!!

This is true, but you can cheat remember! If you "interpolate" and
"extrapolate" you can attempt to reconstruct what was lost. THere's a system
on Pioneer Hi-Fi tape units that does this called "FLEX". It breathes life
into old recordings and is great for when you transfer them to MD or CD.

Magic
--
"Creativity is more a birthright than an acquisition, and the power of sound
is wisdom and understanding applied to the power of vibration."

Location : Portsmouth, England, UK
Homepage : http://www.mattnet.freeserve.co.uk
EMail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]