Hi everyone,

Sorry for being off topic, but this is driving me nuts!

At home I've got Goldwave and Cool Edit 96 as my 'samplers'. However, I was
wondering if there is any way that you can 'convert' a CD audio track to a
WAV file in either of these packages (or any other package for that
matter!). What I want to be able to do is to tell the PC to take track 5 off
of the audio CD, and copy it to my hard drive as a wav file. At present the
only way I can figure it out is to press play on the CD transport in Cool
Edit 96, and 'record' it as well (and the same for Goldwave). But for longer
tracks I imagine I'll run out of RAM,  and also it needs to do this 'real
time', whereas a 'copy and convert' might be able to run as fast as the
software/processor can do it.

Please mail me privately if you know if this is possible, and again I
apologise for going off topic.

Best wishes

Martin

entity to whom it is addressed. Please also be aware that DnB cannot
accept any payment orders or other legally binding correspondence with
customers as a part of an email.

This email message has been virus checked by the virus programs used
in the DnB Group.