Yes, but the inclusion of a digital output is so basic for this kind of
camcorder and really standard with any digital camcorder, so the only
thing I can think of is the SCMS angle for not including it on a MD
Discam. What if Sony's first MD unit had an MD recorder, CD player and
small speakers built in-but no outputs or inputs. It would have been a
colassal failure. That's pretty much what they did here. They're trying
to target upsacle family camcorder owners with this product and there is
apparently no desire to sell these to people who will use them for
semi-professional or professional video recording. Hopefully they will
make a pro model with the digital output but I won't buy one until
then-at the very least. I have the TRV900 as well and have had no
problems with it. It's highly regarded and has very favorable reviews
from video journalists. It's just a bit too big-but then again it is the
smallest 3 chip Mini DV camcorder available and not any bigger than the
majority of normal one chip digital or analog camcorders. It is big,
though, when compared to one of the really small Sony Mini DV's or
others. But most of these smaller camcorders (non Sony) are junk in
comparison.