[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> * "Guy Churchill" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  on Wed, 01 Dec 1999
> | http://www.pioneer.co.jp/press/release63.html
> | Not a direct threat to MD yet
>
> Ever.  MD is not about audio quality, it is about portability.  DVD will
> never be as portable as MD is.

Hmmm.....

True.... But....

I don't agree on 'MD is not about audio quality'. For me it's more about
'How do we pack CD audio quality onto a 2.5" disc without sacrifying to
 much of the quality?'

Modern MD players are smaller than portable cassette-players, they are
a lot smaller then CD-players and some are even smaller than the MP3 players.
Their sound-quality is better than most portable cassette-players and
a lot better compared to MP3 players.
I can easyly detect the difference between a tape, MP3 and CD. I can't
between MD and CD.

Conclussion:
MD is also about audio quality!

Cheers,
Ralph -> somebody had to defend MD!
Ralph Smeets        Functional Verification Centre Of Competence -  CMG
Voice:  (+33) (0)4 76 58 44 46                       STMicroelectronics
Fax:    (+33) (0)4 76 58 40 11                       5, chem de la Dhuy
Mobile: (+33) (0)6 82 66 62 70                             38240 MEYLAN
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                      FRANCE