I have seen some posts regarding headphone amps.

I have a Headbanger amp ($79) I bought from
Minidisco.com.  It does the job very well, driving my
Sony MDR-CD570 headphones(be careful, this amp can get
LOUD).

By the way, I bought these Koss "The Plug" in your ear
type earbuds.  They sound very good.  It is basically
an earplug you roll up and stick in each ear.  There
is a little tube in the center of the plug which feeds
sound to your ear.  There is very good bass isolation
due to the earplug "sealing" your ear.  Costs $20 and
is impressive.

Another less powerful headphone amp I have is the
Boostaroo.  It is only $20 and does a suprisingly good
job.  No volume control here, you use the volume
control on your MD player.  Check them out at
www.boostaroo.com

Boostaroo  Specifications
>System Description:
The Boostaroo  is an audio amplifier that separates
the signal into individual stereo channels to drive 3
separate headsets or speakers.

>Frequency Response:
The Boostaroo  employs similar output amplifiers to
those found in CD players.  Frequency response is
equal to or exceeds specifications. Typical
specifications are 20 to 20,000Hz +/- 2 dB.
(EIAJ CP-307 Method).

>Output (@ 3VDC):
Into 16 ohm head phones (stereo mini jack),
approximately 40 mW per channel, 12 dB gain in sound
per channel.

>Power Requirements:
DC at 3.0 VDC:  Two size AA batteries are required.
Use of alkaline batteries is suggested for longer
playing time.

>Product Dimensions:
Size: 4.5" x 1.5" x 1.1"
(11.43cm x 3.81cm x 2.79cm)