Since the minidisc recorders have "plug in power" in the  mike circuit,
you can simplify the circuit and eliminate the battery, resistors and
capacitors and wire the capsules directly.  Also, sometimes it is more
convenient to not have to mess with cables.  So, here is a T mike that I
designed http://www.tir.com/~liteways/Mandolin.html#Microphone

It may be a little easier to build.  Take your pick.  I don't know if
your capsules are the larger ones or the small ones, but the should be
able to work in either design.

Jeff Medin wrote:

> I have some matched PANASONIC mic capsules for sale under MICROPHONES at
> the MD Classified page. Build your own Mics! Check out
> "http://www.arches.uga.edu/~tidmarsh/binmic.html"
>
> These are the capsules you will need AND they are already MATCHED FOR
> YOU!
>
> Jeff

Jim Coon
Not just another pretty mandolin picker