To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> >After a long period of use today, my Sony MDS-JE520
> >says an error message:
> >
> >AD - DA
> >
> >....does anyone know what that means?

That isn't an error message at all. It indicates a feature that will take an
incoming digital signal and convert it to analogue and at the same time
output it at 44.1Hz in case it's coming in at 48 or 32. Of course most any
unit will do this while recording but this "AD - DA" mode works when no disc
is in the unit.

If that is displayed after pressing record when a disc is in the unit, you
definitely have a problem...the player doesn't recognise that a disc is
present.

Rick.
-+---
[EMAIL PROTECTED]