Hoontech has a new DBIII I/O card for the SB Live that has optical in and
out, and coax in and out. They are both digital and equivalent as far as the
results you get. But if you use Coax out you need a converter (read
expensive) to get it to an optical in on your minidisc. The DBIII is only a
few dollars more than the DBI, so it would be much cheaper. I use a Hoontech
sound card (Yamaha XG) to do optical transfers to and from my Sharp deck,
and it works great. Haven't tried the I/O card yet though.

-- Maritn