[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Dan Frakes wrote:
> >
> > On 12/15/99 2:01 PM, Ralph Smeets wrote:
> > >As a last note, I must say, the HP48 calculator series of Hewlet
> > >Packer are the best in the world. Why? You can title MDs with
> > >them.
> >
> > Wait! How? I have a 48G and would love to be able to do this! Let us in
> > on the info, Ralph :-)
>
> I have an HP48G also, but what are the benefits of titling with it?
> After all, it has the same ABCD alpha layout and equally as small
> buttons as the remote that came with my JB920???

The benefit is that you title with a text editor on a MS-Doze machine.
You feed the file with titles into a MS-Doze program and this program
spits out a HP48 program that is sort of a macro which control the
remote control program on the HP48. All you need to do is to download
the HP48 program to you HP48, lign the HP48 IR port up with the IR
receiver on the Sony deck and run the program.

It sounds like a lot of hasle and I'm sure Martin Daneks? WinRemote works
a lot easier, but it saves a lot of time doing the titling. Writing the
tst file, passing it true the MS-Doze program and putting it on the HP48
doesn't take as much as time as titling with just the remote does!

Cheers,
Ralph
Ralph Smeets        Functional Verification Centre Of Competence -  CMG
Voice:  (+33) (0)4 76 58 44 46                       STMicroelectronics
Fax:    (+33) (0)4 76 58 40 11                       5, chem de la Dhuy
Mobile: (+33) (0)6 82 66 62 70                             38240 MEYLAN
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                      FRANCE