Grover Cleveland wrote:
> Given that I have a G-3 and that I'm not going to change to
> Windoze, I have
> this question: What does it take for me to get the S/PDIF signal from the
> player into the Mac so that I can edit my field recordings in
> Sound Edit 16?

I have never used a Mac so I can't even start to answer your question yet I
have to point out one thing which you might have missed (others have missed
it before).
In your post you asked: "what does it take ... from my player...".
The first thing you have to check is that your "player" has a digital
output. If this "player" isn't a Minidisc deck or bookshelf (even on some of
those there is no digital output for the MD sub-component) all you have is
an analog output.
Bottom line: If you are using a portable MD player or player/recorder
(except the MZ-R1) there is no way to make a digital transfer to your
computer (any computer).

Bentz -> if (reaction == "NO DUH!!") then Bentz.apologize("Grover");