I am looking for a MD recorder or any other device to convert analog signals
to digital and then to transfer them into my pc with a 48.1kHz (?) signal.

I discussed a lot in musicians newsgroups and I found that 300$ is the
minimum for an external A/D-converter (Midiman, RME, Hoontech, a.o.) and for
this price I will get a MD recorder too, but I don't know which brand has
the best A/D-converters. I have been told 24bit resolution doesn't mean
better results automatically.

As I want to make recordings with 2 microphones too it would be fine, if I
could connect the microphones directly without an amp.

Any suggestions?

Thanks Bert