the point as that sony right now really is not pushing MD.  Personally i
think that if they wanted to really push it, the next time they know they
are going to have an album release, they should only release it on MD for
the first 6 or so months, that would definately push a lot of people into
the MD scene that were not there before.  But i doubt that Sony has the guts
to try something like this as the allmight dollar is far more important to
them than doing anything half way logical :P

just an opinion
Matt